🛈 Due to COVID-19 and for the continued safety and well-being of our staff, the Barbados Olympic Centre will remain temporarily closed.
To find information and updates on COVID-19 visit here.
Following the recent approval of the Athletes Commission Charter, we are inviting nominations for members of the Athletes Commission pursuant section 4 of the Charter for the following positions for the period 2018 – 2022:
Number to be Elected
|Athletes Commission Chair||1|
|Athletes Commission Member||6|
Candidates must adhere to the following guidelines in order to be eligible to be elected:
1. The elected members must be an Athlete as defined below;
2. “Athlete” means an individual who:
2.1 is a national of Barbados and at least 16 years of age;
2.2 has represented Barbados at an international multi-sport event on the Olympic, Pan-Am Sports, CACSO, or CGF Sports program at any time in his or her sporting career; and
2.3 has never received any sanction in relation to the World Anti-Doping Code.
3. A majority of the Athletes must be Eligible as defined below;
4. “Eligible Athlete” means an:
4.1 Athlete who at the time of his nomination and election to the Commission is participating at a national level in a sport on the Olympic program or has done so within the previous eight years.
5. At least one of the of the Eligible Athletes must be actively competing for Barbados.
6. No more than two members of the Commission shall be from the same Sport.
7. Both genders shall be represented on the Commission among the seven elected members, with at least two being male and two being female.
1. Athletes as defined above are eligible to make nominations and to vote.
2. Nominations should state the name, address, contact information, sport and the years competed at the Olympics, multi-sport Pan-Am Games, multi-sport Central American and Caribbean Games, or Commonwealth Games.
3. Please submit your nomination on the attached form.
4. All nominations must be signed and dated.
5. Self-nominations are welcome.
6. All nominations must be accompanied by a brief candidate profile.
7. Nominations must be submitted electronically with the title “Athletes Commission Nomination” and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Nominations
1. Nominations must be received on or before 00:00 (midnight) Wednesday, September 19, 2018. Nominations submitted after this date and time will NOT be considered under any circumstances.
2. Eligible voters will receive further details via e-mail prior to the start of elections, including a summary of the candidates and details on how to access the voting system.
3. For any additional questions, you can reach Ryan Brathwaite or Daneka Headley at the Barbados Olympic Centre at telephone; 429-1998 or email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. during office hours Monday – Friday 08:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Please see nomination form below:
Barbados Athletes Commission – Call for Nominations Application Form