The World Academy of Sport (WAoS) is offering Commonwealth Games Associations (CGAs) an exciting scholarship opportunity for the Postgraduate Certificate, International Sports Management developed and delivered in conjunction with the University of London.
The course has been designed for middle/senior managers in sporting organizations wanting to broaden their experience and international sports network. It is also relevant for younger managers who are looking to make a quicker progression through their organizations and gain a broader network of contacts and experience across many different sports.
The credits obtained from the completion of the certificate is a globally recognized qualification that can be further applied to a Master’s degree for those students who want to continue their studies to the next level.
WAoS and the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) are offering two full scholarships and three 25% scholarships to students throughout their membership. The value of the full scholarship is £3,675 and the 25% scholarships are £918.75 each.
Full details of the scholarship can be found here, including information on the postgraduate programme, eligibility and the application process. A letter of recommendation is listed as one of the documents to be submitted with the application. While it is optional, applicants are advised to obtain such a letter from their National Federation.
In order to be eligible to receive the scholarship for the Postgraduate Certificate International Sports Management (PG Cert), applicants should:
• Have an existing undergraduate degree (eg bachelor) or a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience and professional references.
• An English language level of IELTS: at least 6.5 overall, with 6.0 in the written test or other equivalent proficiency certification.
• Access to a computer and internet.
Deadlines – September 2021 Intake
|Scholarship and UOL Application Submission Opens||15 May 2021|
|Scholarship and UOL Application Submission Deadline||13 August 2021|
|Tuition payment deadline (if applicable)||1 September 2021|
- CGAs to send out the scholarship details to their stakeholders (athletes, staff, volunteers, clubs, etc.). This can be done through various methods including website news, newsletters, social media channels, meetings/forums, etc.
- Eligible candidates can apply directly by sending their enquiry to email@example.com and indicating the following Scholarship ID Code:
CGF2021. Students can also apply directly online, using the online application portal indicating the Scholarship ID Code: CGF2021.
- Once we have reached the submission deadline, all of the applications received will be shared with the University of London and reviewed for eligibility.
- The University of London shortlist will then be reviewed by the CGF Selection Group.
- Both successful and unsuccessful candidates will be contacted regarding the decision.
Eligible applicants are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity.