The U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC), in partnership with Olympic Solidarity and the University of Delaware, will again be offering a high-level coaching education course through the International Coaching Enrichment Certificate Program (ICECP). However, the next edition will be delivered using virtual technology and the programme has been expanded to reach a wider coaching audience.
The Barbados Olympic Association Inc. (BOA) will recommend one candidate for an Olympic Solidarity scholarship to participate in ICECP 2021-2022. Interested coaches are invited to submit applications no later than Wednesday, 22 September 2021 to the Director, National Olympic Academy, at firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to email@example.com. Please note that all applications must be accompanied by a letter of support from the National Federation.
Download Course Information below:
Candidates should be prepared to attend an online interview on Friday, 24 September 2021.
ICECP aims to provide national level coaches, and those responsible for the development of the national coaching structures in their countries, with a practical program focused on developing proficiency in the areas of coaching leadership, sport sciences, talent identification, athlete development, coaching education, grassroots sports development and ethical aspects of coaching at all levels of competition and across multiple sports. The focus of the program includes training participants to identify and develop athletes as well as to provide the participants with the skills and competencies needed to educate aspiring coaches in their home country. The attached brochure provides additional information.
The candidate for an Olympic Solidarity scholarship should be a coach with the following characteristics:
- be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking in English;
- belong to a federation of a sport on the Olympic programme;
- hold the rank of official coach recognized in his/ her country of origin and/or by the respective International Federation;
- be active and able to prove that he/she has practical experience as a coach at national/international level.
The individual must be committed to returning and making an important and sustainable contribution to his or her sport and the Olympic movement through application of the knowledge and experience gained from the program.
Candidates must submit the following:
- statement outlining their objectives and expectations of their participation in the Virtual International Coaching Enrichment Certificate Program
- curriculum vitae (CV), including professional background information related to their coaching experience;
- copy of passport or national ID card;
- letter of support from National Federation.
The candidate to be recommended for the Olympic Solidarity scholarship will be selected on the basis of his/her background, stated objectives and an interview.
Deadline for submission of applications
BOA: 22 September 2021
ICECP: 01 October 2021