The National Olympic Academy of Barbados is pleased to announce its inaugural National Session for Young Participants (NSYP). This first Session will take place on Saturday, 14 August 2021.
The National Session for Young Participants will provide opportunity for participants to engage in discussion on issues of relevance in sport, in an interactive and stimulating environment. They will hear from professionals on a variety of issues and will be able to examine and express their views, as well as prepare prospective candidates for participation in the IOA International Session for Young Participants.
Information And Guidelines
- Develop the leadership capacity of young sportspersons
- Introduce participants to Olympism and its ideals and increase their knowledge of Olympic issues
- Provide a forum for young sportspersons to engage in dialogue on issues of relevance in sport
- Identify potential candidates to attend the annual IOA International Session for Young Participants
Olympism and Humanism: Human rights, diversity and inclusion in sport
Human rights and the Olympic Values
Sport & Activism: Is there a conflict between activism in sport and the Olympic Ideal?
Safeguarding in Sport: Creating a safe space for participation in sport
Sport in the Community: Sport as a powerful tool for social change
Accessible Sport: competitive and recreational opportunities for persons with disabilities
Saturday, 14 August 2021
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Criteria for Selection
- Candidates must be between the ages of 20 and 35
- Candidates must be active in their respective National Federation
- Candidates should have a genuine interest in the educational aspects of the activities organized in the course of the Session and should have shown a special interest in the aims of the National Olympic Academy and Barbados Olympic Association, as well as in current issues of Olympism
- Individuals who have previously attended an Annual International Session for Young Participants are not eligible to apply
- 20 candidates will be selected to participate in the Session
- Selection will be on a first come, first served basis*
- Participants interested in being selected to attend an IOA Session will undergo a further screening process
- Review of CV and motivational letter
- A maximum of 6 participants will be selected for consideration for a subsequent IOA Session
- Each will be required to make a presentation at NSYP 2021
- A maximum of 2 participants (1 male and/or 1 female) will be selected and recommended to attend a subsequent IOA Session
*Gender balance and distribution across National Federations will be considered
Interested applicants are required to submit the following:
- Motivational letter
- describing their involvement in sport
- explaining their interest in attending NSYP 2021
- explaining their interest in attending an IOA Session, where applicable
- Curriculum vitae
- Passport size photograph
- Copy of birth certificate
- Letter of endorsement from the applicant’s National Federation
Applications should be sent to the Director, National Olympic Academy, at email@example.com (cc. firstname.lastname@example.org).
You are asked to encourage eligible members to apply for this life-changing opportunity.
The deadline for submission of ALL documents is Friday, 18 June 2021