Commonwealth Games Barbados is seeking to find an individual to fill the position of BAR eqUIP Intern.
The eqUIP Internship programme presents a unique and exciting opportunity for an undergraduate or postgraduate student to work within a dynamic Commonwealth & Olympic Games Association work environment. The intern will primarily assist with the implementation of the organisation’s communications and public relations strategies. Additionally, as part of the team, the intern will be expected to fulfill organisational goals, involved in various projects as well as assisting with current campaigns. Support will also be required in assisting the staff with general office duties including, but not limited to, research and general coordination.
This capacity building opportunity will further propel the organisation through enhancing our;
• Communications and Public Relations strategy.
• Athlete support- Promoting the sporting talents of our athletes through social media intervention
• CGA/ NOC Digital media presence
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The prospective candidate will assist with the following technical areas;
• Support the CGA/NOC communication strategy.
• Create content for the CGA/NOC social media platforms keeping abreast of local and global sports trends.
• Maintain and provide analytics from social media platforms.
• Assist with the maintenance of the CGA/ NOC website
• Draft media releases and newsletters.
• Conceptualise media kits for media briefings and stakeholders.
• Coordinate media events.
• Assist with videography and photography where necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
PERSONAL ASSETS & SKILLS
What personal attributes and skills will be required in order to complete the project?
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including editing and copywriting at all levels.
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills to build partnerships and work collaboratively to meet shared objectives.
• Demonstrated competency in developing and delivering high quality and meaningful content to spark interest.
• Knowledge of internal communications channels including digital tools(social media, Website) • Ability to manage complex projects.
• Organized and detail-oriented with a strong sense of time management.
• Show the ability to prioritize workload, keeping to strict content deadlines.
• Driven and innovative with the ability to work independently.
• Ability to extract social media analytics tools and create reports.
• Graphic design skills are desirable.
• Associate Degree preferably with a background in Communications, Writing, Marketing or related field.
The intern will operate from the office of The Barbados Olympic Association Inc. at the Barbados Olympic Centre, Wildey, St. Michael.
NB: This may be flexible due to the current Covid-19 restrictions in country.
Please send your resume and cover letter by Friday, March 18, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org, entitled “BAR eqUIP Intern”